The League of Friends has four shops throughout the hospital. These provide a valuable service for patients, staff and visitors by selling food, snacks, drinks, newspapers, magazines, cards and many other useful items. The Main Shop is situated in the entrance to the 1937 Hospital building, and is open seven days a week. Two others are to be found in front of the Fracture Clinic and near to the Out-Patient Clinics. Lastly, there is a kiosk in the Children's Assessment Centre.
The running of the shops is overseen by a Shops Manager, two deputy managers and a small number of other paid staff. However, a very large amount of support in the shops is provided by League Volunteers. We are extremely fortunate to have more than 100 volunteers who give their time to working shifts in the various shops.
For patients who have to undergo a spell in the hospital as an inpatient, the League also provides a service whereby newspapers, magazines, confectionary, soft drinks etc are taken round on a trolley to each ward once a day.